Resident Qualification Requirements
A complete application must be submitted by each occupant eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- All applications must be signed by the individual.
- Application fees must be paid before the application will be processed.
- Application fees are non-refundable.
- The application, even if accepted, shall under no circumstances be considered a lease agreement between applicant and the owner of the property or an offer to lease.
|Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Las Vegas||$50|
|Atlanta, Columbia SC, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa||$75|
Verification of Identity:
- Valid government issued identification (front and back of identification card) must be uploaded at the end of this application.
- A valid Social Security number is required, and a copy of the Social Security Card (front and back of identification card) must be uploaded at the end of this application.
- For non-US citizens, a work ID number (Alien Registration #, USCIS or I-94 Admission #) will be accepted in place of a Social Security number.
Verification of Residency History:
- Residence history of two (2) years with a minimum of six (6) months at current residence is required.
- Automatic denial for previous eviction within the last three (3) years.
- Must have less than one hundred dollars ($100) total unpaid balances reported on past rentals.
- No more than an average of one (1) late payment reported as late over twelve (12) months (prorated if the total rental history on any lease is less than twelve (12) months).
- No more than one prior landlord reporting security deposit not returned.
- No prior landlord reporting “proper move-out notice not received.”
- No prior landlord reporting “would not rent again.”
- Current gross monthly income is at least 3x monthly rent OR savings/investment account balances sufficient to pay 6 months* rent.
- Documentation requirements as described in the table below.
|Type of Income||Preferred Proof||Other Options|
|Employment by third party||Most 3 recent paystubs showing TD income or if paid weekly, last 4 recent paystubs showing YTD income.||Bank statement showing consistent income deposits for a 6-month period|
|Self Employed Income||Most recent tax return and the previous 2 month’s bank statements||Bank statement showing consistent deposits for a 6-month period|
|Seasonal Income||Most recent tax return||2 years W2s|
|Child support / Alimony or any court ordered payment||Bank statement showing consistent deposits for a 6-month period|
|Other: Grants, pensions, GI benefits, disability, Social Security||Current award letter/benefit statement with check stub||Bank statement showing consistent benefit deposits for a 6-month period|
|Savings Account / Investments||Bank or Investment statements with account balances equal to at least 6 months of rent*|
*For some properties, account balances must be no less than the sum of all rental payments for the full lease term. To determine if this requirement is applicable to a particular property, please contact us prior to applying.
- Manager’s authorized credit reporting services vendor will be used to evaluate tenants. Outside credit reports cannot be substituted.
- All occupants eighteen (18) and over must have their credit and criminal reports run regardless of employment status or financial responsibility for rent payments.
- Income and credit history will be entered into a credit scoring model to determine rental eligibility and security deposit levels.
- Must have established credit history.
- The minimum credit score is 500. Applicants with a credit score of 500-549 will be required to pay a security deposit equal to two times (2X) the monthly rental amount. Applicants with a credit score of 550-599 will be required to pay a security deposit equal to one and a half times (1.5X) the monthly rental amount. Applicants with a credit score of 600 and above will be required to pay a security deposit equal to one times (1X) the monthly rental amount.
- Some history of collections is acceptable but no outstanding landlord or essential utility collections (Essential utilities include electric, water, natural gas, sewer…).
- Past due debt not to exceed two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500).
- Any applicant with an eviction within the last three (3) years or a landlord judgment for past due rent will be denied.
- Discharged bankruptcies are excluded and will not count against an applicant’s score.
- For some properties, a dismissed bankruptcy in the last three (3) years or a currently open foreclosure may result in denial. Please contact us prior to applying to determine if these criteria are applicable to a particular property.
- History of repeat criminal convictions or charges may result in denial.
- Any felony conviction and/or sexual offenses will result in automatic denial.
- The company does not reject applicants based on arrest records; however, landlord reserves the right to deny an application for any criminal activity that evidence a demonstrable risk to safety of other persons and/or the property. In determining whether an applicant poses a demonstrable risk, GOAL considers, amongst other things the following:
- the facts or circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct,
- the age of the individual at the time of the conduct,
- evidence that the individual maintained a good tenant history before and/or after the conviction or conduct,
- and evidence of rehabilitation efforts.
- Guarantor or co-signers cannot be used as a substitute for this requirement.
- Any drug-related crimes involving manufacture or distribution will result in automatic denial.
- Misdemeanor in the last seven (7) years, excluding minor infractions classified as traffic, DUI, alcohol-related offense (non-traffic), or animal/wildlife offense, will result in automatic denial.
- Automatic denial for registered sex offender.
OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control Check):
- A direct hit will be reported to authorities in compliance with the US Patriot Act. Direct hits will cause the application to be denied.
- The maximum number of adults allowed to occupy a dwelling is two times (2X) the number of bedrooms in the dwelling. The limits may be increased or decreased by local law or ordinance.
- Applications will be processed in the order received, and Manager will continue to accept applications until a holding deposit is paid and lease agreement is signed.
- Applications will be processed in approximately 48 to 72 business hrs.
- All move-in funds (first month’s rent or proration and security deposit) are to be paid with a cashier’s check or money order. A security deposit will be due at the time of lease signing. This is to also be paid in the form of a cashier’s check or money order. In certain situations, a higher security deposit may be accepted in lieu of acceptable credit or employment history at landlord’s sole discretion.
- Applicant will pay the pro-rated amount of rent for the month if move-in is on or before the 20th of the month. Applicants that move-in after the 20th will pay the pro-rated amount of rent plus the next full month’s rent.
- Renters insurance is required for all tenants and is required for all pet owners.
- Any falsification in applicant’s paperwork will result in the automatic denial of application. In the event an applicant falsifies his/her paperwork, landlord has the right to hold all deposits and fees paid to apply toward any damages.
- Applicants must be able to put utilities in their own name and will be responsible for all utilities (subject to local laws) on the property. Utilities are required to be transferred into the tenant’s name on the date of the move in. Any deposits needed for utility activation is a responsibility of the tenant.
- Landlord reserves the right to allow pets on a case by case basis, dependent on property type, size, pet type and pet disposition. No more than three (3) pets may reside in one property. All pets are subject to a pet fee. *Please provide documentation for exceptions to pet fees and insurance as it relates to service animals and emotional support animals
- Landlord requires all tenants with pets to first obtain permission from landlord, complete a Pet Addendum, and understand and abide by the rules outlined in the addendum.
- Acceptable pets include dogs, cats, birds, small caged domestic mammals, and fish. Requests to keep pets of any other type must be presented to Manager in writing. Any animal may be deemed unacceptable by Manager if it is not considered an appropriate pet for the rental situation. For example, unacceptable pets include, without limitation, exotic, poisonous or otherwise dangerous pets that may injure people, property or other pets. All pets must be able to be restrained by leash, carrier or cage. Disputes regarding unacceptable pets can be resolved by providing the appropriate proof of insurance along with a letter of temperament from your veterinarian.
- The following is a list of dog breeds that are not acceptable:
- Stafford Terrier
- Wolf Hybrid
- Doberman Pinscher
- Presa Canario
- Chow Chow
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- OR any breed which include a percentage or mix of any of the breeds above
- All pet owners must have the appropriate proof of insurance that includes the pet along with a current license/registration records, photo of pet, and proof of current shot records from a licensed veterinarian if applicable.
- An Aquarium (multiple fish) will count as one (1) pet and will be subject to one (1) pet fee.
- Resident must pay a one-time nonrefundable fee of $300.00 for each applicable animal or aquarium at the Property. Resident is also required to pay an additional $30 per month pet rent charge for each pet. Pet Fees and Pet Rent do not limit Resident’s liability for property damages, cleaning, deodorization, de-fleaing, replacements, or personal injuries and shall not be offset against any assessment against Resident for damages to Property.